Certain content is still being edited. Thank you for your understanding.
Chimney sweeping services
Chimney sweeping services can be carried out by a chimney sweeping company or a sole trader, which have a permit to carry out the chimney sweeping service and are registered in a register of chimney sweeping services.
Chimney sweeping company must fulfil the requisite conditions before commencing activities and subsequently throughout the provision of chimney sweeping services.
Chimney sweeping services include the provision of the following services:
- checking small combustion installations and related flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations,
- removing tar deposits and implementation of anti-corrosion protection,
- checking and cleaning ventilation devices,
- measuring the operating monitoring of emissions of substances into the air from small combustion installations, and informing users of public services on the energy efficiency of small combustion installations,
- submitting information on small combustion installations to be entered in the record of combustion installations.
Applies for SKD:
- Technical testing and analysis M71.200
Registration and appropriate status form are required to carry out this activity.
To carry out chimney sweeping services a chimney sweeping company must obtain a permit to carry out the chimney sweeping services.
In the authorization process for carrying out chimney sweeping services administrative unit verifies compliance with the following conditions:
- collaboration with the chimney sweep ensured by a proper contract,
- appropriate measuring devices and other equipment,
- insured liability for damage in relation with the performance of activities.
The administrative unit where is the seat of the chimney sweeping company decides on issuing the permit to carry out the chimney sweeping services.
A chimney sweep is a natural person who has obtained a licence to carry out the chimney sweep services and a chimney sweep card.
Chimney sweep carries out chimney services for the chimney sweep company on the basis of an employment contract or other legal basis. After issuing the licence, the chimney sweep is enlisted in the chimney sweep register.
A chimney sweep is a person who performs the following services in the field:
- checks small combustion installations and related flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations,
- removes tar deposits and implements anti-corrosion protection,
- checks and cleans ventilation devices,
- measurs the operating monitoring of emissions of substances into the air from small combustion installations, and informs users on the energy efficiency of small combustion installations.
A legal entity or natural person must dispose of sufficient measuring and other equipment.
- Measuring equipment must be: in accordance with the regulation which regulates the first measurements and operational monitoring of emissions of substances into the air from combustion installations, and other equipment required to provide chimney sweeping services,
- Computer equipment: computer equipment for connection with records regarding chimney sweeping services managed by the ministry.
Measuring devices for the implementation of permanent measurements must have:
- an upper measurement limit, which is at least 2.5 times higher than the prescribed limit value for the concentration of a substance being measured by the device,
- automatic internal verification of its operation,
- the possibility to manually verify its operation.
Before the start of operations and throughout the provision of chimney sweeping services, chimney sweep company must be insured for damage liability regarding providing chimney sweeping service
- for damage caused to users of chimney sweeping services, and
- for damage inflicted on a third party.
Insurance sum determined in the insurance contract shall not be less than EUR 150,000. The insurance should cover chimney sweep company liability for conduct of all chimney sweeps carrying out chimney sweep services for the chimney sweep company.
The prices of chimney sweeping services are determined by the Government, whereby it takes into account the proposal of work, material costs, and time and technical norms required to provide chimney sweeping services.
The prices of chimney sweeping services are determined differently according to the types of devices on which services are carried out, and types of services, and by considering special working conditions in providing individual chimney sweeping services.
A chimney sweep must submit to the ministry via the web application information on small combustion installations and chimney sweeping services provided.
To submit the information, the chimney sweep must obtain a user name and password from the Ministry of Agriculture and the Environment, which will facilitate access to forms for the submission of the information, and upgrade his or her computer software with modules to create reports with information on small combustion installations and chimney sweeping services provided.
The chimney sweep must protect the password and file for performing transactions with a safe electronic signature as a business secret, and keep them in a way that prevents unauthorised persons from using them.
Entry in the register of combustion installations:
- The concession operator submits to the ministry a request to be entered in the register of combustion installations if it has been established on the basis of the first inspection of the combustion installation and related flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations that with normal use, there is no danger of a fire or poisoning by carbon monoxide as a result of fuel combustion, or that other emissions of substances into the air do not exceed the prescribed limit values.
- The register of combustion installations includes the following information:
- the type of combustion installation and manufacturer, or type of combustion installation;
- the effective rated output, type of fuel which it uses, and the year of the combustion installation's manufacture;
- identification information from the building cadastre on the building in which the combustion installation is located;
- the surface of residential or business premises the combustion installation heats;
- a description of ventilation devices, flue ducts and auxiliary installations used for the operation of the small combustion installation.
Reports on the provision of chimney sweeping services
- primarily include information on:
- complaints of users of chimney sweeping services and their solutions;
- rejections of chimney sweeping services by their users;
- damage events;
- changed conditions of performing the concession agreement;
- utilisation of insurance;
- all other circumstances which may directly or indirectly influence the performance of the concession agreement.
Reporting in the register on inspections and cleaning of combustion installations, and related flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations performed, register of inspections and cleaning of ventilation devices performed, and register of measurements of emission of substances into the air from small combustion installations:
- the concession operator must keep records of his or her service on small combustion installations, flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations, and records of the measurements performed regarding emissions of substances into the air from small combustion installations. From these records, he or she must submit the following information on chimney sweeping services provided within 15 days of the calculation period:
- inspections and cleaning of combustion installations and related flue ducts, ventilation devices and auxiliary installations;
- inspections and cleaning of ventilation devices;
- measurements of emissions of substances into the air from small combustion installations.
Cross-border/temporary provisions of activity
Providers based in the EU, EEA and Swiss Confederation may perform chimney sweeping services in the Republic of Slovenia on a temporary or cross-border basis if they meet the conditions for lawful pursuit of the activity in the country of establishment.