Examining and testing built-in active fire protection systems
Fire protection tasks encompass the research, training, planning measures for fire protection, supervision, fire insurance, fire fighting, technical supervision of installed fire protection systems, chimney sweeping services, property fire protection etc.
The goal of activities and measures of fire protection is to protect people, animals, property and the environment against fire and explosions.
Installed active fire protection systems are:
- fire alarming systems;
- devices for detecting, reporting and extinguishing in transport pipelines;
- devices for the detection, reporting of presence of flammable gases and fumes in the air;
- installed fire extinguishing systems with liquid fire extinguishing substances, gases or powders;
- devices for water cooling of fire by pouring or spraying;
- installed devices for reducing oxygen concentration;
- automatic smoke control systems and combustion products, outlet of smoke and heat;
- systems for establishing overpressure of air in rooms for engaging active fire protection;
- security illumination in the facility;
- devices and equipment used to drive and steer fire or fireman's elevators;
- other installed active fire protection systems.
Inspecting and testing installed active fire protection systems can be carried out by a legal entity, sole entrepreneur or an entity that carries out an activity independently (hereinafter: inspection services provider), who acquires the authorisation for inspecting and testing installed active fire protection systems.
For acquiring the authorisation, the inspection services provider must fulfil the following conditions:
- registered activity for technical testing and analysing;
- at least two employed workers with minimum higher professional education who fulfil the conditions for technical inspectors, of which one is a mechanical engineer and the other is an electrical technician (hereinafter referred to as the technical inspector);
- they must dispose of or have appropriate equipment for inspecting and testing installed active fire protection systems in accordance with regulations, standards and requirements of the producer;
- they must conclude a liability insurance for damage that could occur to the entity who must ensure fire safety or third persons in connection to the implementation of the activity.
The installed active fire protection system inspection services provider cannot sell, produce, install, maintain, design, represent system producers or perform other profitable activities in connection to these systems.
The inspection services provider who wants to inspect and test installed active fire protection systems and acquire the authorisation for inspection and testing of installed active fire protection systems, lodges an application at the Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief, which also encompasses the evidence on fulfilling the conditions.
Applies for SKD:
- Fire service activities O84.250