First social aid
First social aid encompasses the assistance at recognising social distress or problem, the assessment of possible solutions, informing the beneficiary on possible social care services and benefits, obligations that follow the selection of the service or tax and the presentation of the network of service providers who offer assistance.
The beneficiary is anyone who has found themselves in social distress, if they decide voluntarily for the service and if they seek the service at an authorised service provider, if they accept the service which the authorised service provider starts upon the initiative of entitled proposers, or if they agree to the service which the authorised service provider initiates ex officio or based on the notifications of authorities and institutions that have found that the beneficiary is socially endangered.
Procedure and duration:
First social aid is performed as and independent service when the beneficiary seeks for aid for the first time and the service provider does not have the data based on which they could refer the beneficiary to other service providers.
First social aid is implemented as a guided discussion in three mutually connected parts:
- In the first part, the professional worker presents the institution and themselves. This enables the beneficiary to provide as much relevant information possible on their distress and problems. The worker encourages the person to express their assessment and standpoints on the occurred situation with regard to financial issues and mutual relations.
- In the second part the service provider offers professional assistance and support at recognising the distress and problems by considering the person's expectations and their proposals for solutions.
- In the third part the service provider presents to the beneficiary possible solutions and methods of resolving distress and problems. The worker explains the types of services that area available at various service providers, and informs them on the conditions under which each service can be used and on the criteria for potential social care benefits. If necessary, the service provider refers the person to authorities where information can be obtained or where procedures in connection with the rights in the field of work and employment, pension and disability protection, health insurance can be obtained or to the court. If necessary, the service provider offers the person that is entitled to the service, assistance in the preparation of claims and applications, for which they are qualified. The service provider prepares an official record on the findings and agreements. The record is confidential and can be sent to other authorities or persons only with the consent of the beneficiary.
In an acute social distress or if first social aid is ensured ex officio, the service provider themselves decide on the possible solutions and implements urgent measures in accordance with authorisations. The beneficiary cooperates only according to their abilities. The service provider prepares an official record on the findings and agreements.
The procedures of first social aid as an independent service in average last 45 minutes each. They normally do not repeat within the scope of the same matter.
First social aid is implemented according to the method of working with an individual.
The providers of first social aid service are professional workers with appropriate education and five years of working experience.
Supervision and education:
another part of the service is professional education and supervision, organised according to the principle:
- supervisory consults: 10 hours for every 1.300th service;
- professional education: in the scope determined by the branch collective agreement.
Applies for SKD:
- Other social work activities without accommodation n.e.c. Q88.999
The work permit is issued for social care service or a form of such service as is determined in the rules in the field of social care and creates a content-related whole. The permit is issued by the competent authority.
For the acquisition of the permit and the entry in the register of providers of social care services, the applicant must fulfil the prescribed conditions with regard to status and registration, premises, equipment and staff, they must be financially and commercially able to perform the service and obtain the positive opinion of the Social Chamber of Slovenia.
The application with attached evidence is filed at the competent ministry. In their application, the applicant must indicate the service they want to perform, and data that show their identity (e.g. company name, title and head office).
A professional commission, appointed by the minister, competent for social care, establishes the fulfilment of conditions for the performance of the service.
In the case that the applicant starts operating in the year when the application for the issue of the work permit was filed, the last annual report and auditor's report do not have to be attached to the application.
If the attached last balance sheet indicates a loss, it must be covered until the issue of the decision on the entry in the register.
The concession in the field of social care is granted for performing public services in the field of social care.
The state is the concession provider, except for the care at home services, where the municipality is the concession provider.
A legal or natural person (concessionaire), who fulfils all the prescribed conditions, is granted the concession based on the public tender.
The ministry, competent for social care or the municipal council use the concession act to determine the type and scope of services, for which the public tender (tender) for the granting of concession is published.
The tender can be published only for a service or individual type of service as is determined in the umbrella act and regulations issued based on this act, i.e. on the standards and norms of social care services. A concession cannot be tendered only for a part of a service.
The concessionaire must fulfil the following conditions:
- they are a legal entity in the Republic of Slovenia, registered for performing activities subject to the concession or they area a subsidiary of a foreign legal entity that performs this activity, entered in the registered in the Republic of Slovenia, or they are a natural person registered in the Republic of Slovenia for performing the activity subject to the concession,
- they fulfil the conditions with regard to premises, equipment, staff and other conditions stipulated by the umbrella act and its executive regulations for the performance of the service for which the concession is tendered (services),
- they have prepared a detailed work programme,
- they ensure quality implementation of the service and that
- they area financially and commercially qualified.
The concession is granted for definite time. For services like first social aid, personal assistance and family assistance as well as home assistance to families (mobile social aid and social care at home) concession is granted for 10 years.
The concession provider enters the concessionaire in the register of issued concessions.
Beneficiaries who are exempt from payment of social care services can enforce the exemptions only for social care services that are performed within the scope of a public service and in accordance with the prescribed standards and norms by a public social care institution or concessionaire, where the price is designed in accordance with the prescribed methodology, and for which the law does not stipulate that they are free for the beneficiary.
Before entering in the register of providers of social security services on the basis of the work permit or before the acquisition of the concession and entry on the register of concessionaires, the holder of the permit or concessionaire shall obtain the consent to the price of the social security service.
The price of the service is determined by the management authority of the legal entity or the natural entity itself on the basis of the prescribed methodology.
The provider of the social security services files an application for the consent to the price of the service on the form with the competent ministry. Forms are in the Rules of the methodology for setting the price of social assistance services.
The elements for pricing are:
- labour costs,
- costs of material and services,
- depreciation costs,
- costs of investment maintenance,
- financing costs.
The providers of social security services set the prices for standard and above-standard social security services. The setting of the prices for standard and above-standard services shall be separate.
The ministry responsible for social security gives consent to the prices of the service.
Consent to the price of social security services
- Social Assistance Act (ZSV)
- Rules on concessions in the field of social assistance
- Rules on the engagement in the provision of social services on the basis of a work permit and entry into the register
- Rules on social services price formation methodology
Štukljeva cesta 44
If the service is implemented on the basis of the issued work permit, the competent minister, after acquiring the permit and consent to the price of the service, issues the decision by which the provider of the service is entered in the register of the providers of the service.
If the service is implemented on the basis of the concession, the competent authority, ex officio, enters the granted concession in the register of granted concessions.
The entry in the register of providers of social security services or concessionaires is a condition required to start pursuing social security services.
The data bases, covering the whole national system of social security, are managed in the field of social security for the needs of implementing social security activities stipulated by law, planning of the social security policy, monitoring of the state as well as for scientific and research and statistical purposes.
Databases include the data on:
- other assistance for the individual,
- exemption from service payment,
- providers of social security activity,
- funding of social security activity,
- implementation of other tasks entrusted to the providers of the activity by law as public authorisations, and tasks imposed on the providers of the activity by other regulations.
Written reporting to the competent authority on all facts and occurrences that may affect the implementation of the service
The provider of a social security service is obliged to constantly send written reports to the ministry responsible for labour on all the facts and occurrences that may affect the implementation of the service, such as relevant personnel changes, unforeseeable events, accidents and similar.
Once a year by the end of March, the concessionaire must submit to the concession provider the annual report encompassing the balance sheet, income statement and attachment with explanations of the statements and business report regarding the implementation of the service.
On the basis of the work permit, the service provider shall annually submit the annual report on the work in the past year to the Social Work Institute by April 30.
If the provider in addition to social security activity also performs any other activity, he shall separately show the operations related to the field of social security in the annual report or financial statements.
If the concessionaire, in addition to the service he received concession for, also conducts other services or activities for which he is registered, he shall observe the regulations on the accounting and provide separate monitoring of business operations and presentation of financial results with the means of public funding and other means for the implementation of public service from the monitoring of operations with means arising from the sale of goods and services in the market.