Certain content is still being edited. Thank you for your understanding.
Managing a security control centre
Private security is security which includes the protection of persons. It also encompasses the field of protection of life, personal protection and protection of private property in the protected area, and of movable and immovable property by means of security guards and technical security systems.
Private security is an economic activity which may be performed by licence holders with registrated activity.
A licence is a permit to perform one or more forms or tasks of private security, which is granted to a legal entity or a natural person.
The licenced activity of managing a security control centre may be performed by personnel with the following vocational qualification:
- NVQ Security control centre operator.
Applies for SKD:
- Private security activities N80.100
A holder of the licence must ensure there is internal control security when security staff carry out security tasks.
Before gaining the national vocational qualification of a Security guard supervisor, 30-hours of training must be received. The exam is carried out by a committee for assessing and awarding national vocational qualifications pursuant to regulations governing national vocational qualification.
- Private Security Act (ZZasV-1)
- Order setting the training program for the professional education and training of private security officer supervisor
A licence is a permit to perform one or more forms or tasks of private security which is granted to a legal entity with a licence certificate. The basic conditions required to acquire a licence in the field of protecting persons and property are:
- they have a permanently employed security manager who works full-time or the person is a security manager;
- related persons are vetted for security and there are no security reservations;
- related persons are not combined in a legal entity the licence of which has been revoked and the prohibition measure is still in force;
- the procedure to revoke the licence has not been initiated against the applicant;
- within the previous two years, a measure of temporary or conditional revocation of the licence has not been issued against the applicant, and the prohibition measure on the licence is still in force;
- suitable professionally trained security staff are employed;
- an internal act which determines the designation, work clothes, equipment and vehicles; damage liability insurance;
- are the owners or tenants of business premises in the Republic of Slovenia.
In addition to the general conditions, the applicant must meet the special conditions for managing a security control centre:
- they have at least ten permanently employed security control centre operators who work full-time;
- they have the premises and equipment which meet the prescribed standards for security control centres.