Certain content is still being edited. Thank you for your understanding.
Protection of persons and property
Private security includes the protection of persons and property. It encompasses the field of protection of life, personal protection and protection of private property in the protected area, and of movable and immovable property by means of security guards and technical security systems.
Private security is an economic activity which may be performed by licence holders with registered activity.
A licence is a permit to perform one or more forms or tasks of private security, which is granted to a legal entity and a natural person.
The licenced activity of protecting persons and property may be performed by personnel with one of the following vocational qualifications:
- NVQ Security guard watchman;
- NVQ Security guard;
- NVQ Security guard supervisor or
- NVQ Security manager.
Applies for SKD:
- Private security activities N80.100
A holder of the licence must ensure there is internal control security when security staff carry out security tasks.
Before gaining the national vocational qualification of a Security guard supervisor, 30-hours of training must be received. The exam is carried out by a committee for assessing and awarding national vocational qualifications pursuant to regulations governing national vocational qualification.
- Private Security Act (ZZasV-1)
- Order setting the training program for the professional education and training of private security officer supervisor
Open section: Close section: Certificate concerning the licence for the protection of people and property
This licence is one of the permits for performing private security services granted to companies or sole traders by the Ministry of the Interior upon the fulfilment of the conditions with the icertificate concerning the licence.
The basic conditions required for obtaining the licence in the field of the protection of people and property include:
- a security manager employed full time for an unspecified period or a security manager who is a sole trader;
- related persons underwent a security check and there are no security-related reservations, and the related persons are not incorporated as a legal entity that has lost its licence and this prohibitive measure is still in place;
- no procedure for the revoking of the licence has been instituted against the applicant;
- no measure for the temporary or conditional withdrawal of its licence has been carried out against the applicant in the past two years and the measure for the prohibition of a re-application for a licence is still in effect;
- employment of suitably skilled professional security personnel;
- the applicant owns or contractually hires a security control centre;
- liability insurance;
- an internal act specifying the signs, working attire, equipment, and vehicles;
- owns or hires business premises in the Republic of Slovenia.