Veterinary dispensary at an insemination centre
A veterinary dispensary at an insemination centre performs the activities of health protection of breeding animals at the insemination centre, systematic monitoring of the health of breeding animals and their health condition for insemination, acquisition, preparation, storage and transport of semen, ova and embryos.
Activities performed at a veterinary dispensary at an insemination centre:
- Veterinary education of animal owners in connection with the performance of veterinary activity
- Study of sanitary situations in animal breeding facilities and hygiene in other facilities and devices from the aspect of health protection and the protection of animals and people
- Urgent veterinary aid
- Study of the effects of veterinary measures on the environment
- Indirect resolution of health issues of people, livestock production and technology and consulting
- Expert work in the field of veterinary activity
- Research in the field of environment protection, air and water hygiene, waste water in livestock production and animal plants and waste treatment plants
- Research on health protection and the protection of animals
- Consulting in the field of health protection of animals, food and breeding pathology from the veterinary aspect
Activities which are performed at a veterinary clinic in an insemination centre within the scope of a public veterinary service:
- Monitoring the health of animals
- Veterinary check-ups of animals
- Prevention of environmental pollution with pathogens and carriers of infectious animal diseases
- Care for the health of breeding animals and the health condition to reproduce, implementation of measures for the prevention and elimination of sterility
- Organisation of veterinary education of animal owners and the population
- Prevention of environment pollution with pathogens and carriers of infectious animal diseases
- Organisation and implementation of courses on infectious animal diseases
- Measures for the sanitary treatment of effluents, manure, liquid manure
- Protection of animals against torture
- Storage and distribution of animal semen, ova and embryos
Applies for SKD:
- Veterinary activities M75.000
Verification happens when the commission of the Slovenian Veterinary Chamber establishes whether a veterinary hospital or organisation fulfils all HR, spatial, technical conditions and conditions regarding equipment for a specific form of organisation.
The veterinary hospital/organisation must file a request for verification at the Slovenian Veterinary Chamber.
Fifteen days before the verification procedure, the Chamber notifies the applicant on the time and structure of the three-member commission.
The verification procedure encompasses:
- A review of HR documentation (employment contract, M1/M forms – registration of health, pension and disability insurance);
- A review of operating permit;
- A review of maintenance documentation, calibration of equipment and electrical voltage measurements and spatial illumination;
- A review of documents on the removal of harmful medical waste and cadavers;
- A review of rooms;
- The preparation of minutes;
On the basis of the minutes and the commission's opinion, the executive director issues a decision on the completion or non-completion of determined conditions within 30 days.
To perform public veterinary services, a veterinary organisation has to obtain a decision from the Slovenian Veterinary Chamber (verification) as well as the concession of the Veterinary Administration of the Republic of Slovenia (VURS).
Veterinary organisations with a concession perform public veterinary services, ensuring minimum standards of health care of animals which are financed from the Slovenian budget in allocated areas; other public veterinary services can be performed throughout the Republic of Slovenia.
The state as the provider of the concession grants the concessionaire a license to perform a certain activity that is part of the public veterinary service for a period of 10 years.
VURS grants concessions on the basis of public tenders published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia.
VURS decides on the selection of the concessionaire by issuing a decision. Once the decision has been made, VURS sends a written contract to the concessionaire, which specifies:
- the activities of public veterinary service performed by the concessionaire;
- veterinarians who will perform individual activities as specified in the contract;
- the area where the concessionaire is obliged to perform the public veterinary services;
- the method and conditions for performing the activity as specified in the contract;
- the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the concessionaire and veterinaries;
- working hours and times or method of ensuring continuous health care for animals;
- start and duration of concession;
- source of financing the performance of public services;
- supervision of the performance of public services;
- termination of the concession in relation to the concessionaire or veterinarian;
- deadline for the termination of concession.
The concessionaire is liable for all damages caused by the concessionaire's employees to users or other persons during the performance, or in connection with the performance, of concession.
The concession is terminated:
- by withdrawal or
- termination of contract.