Decision on the recognition of professional qualification – Slovenian Chamber of Engineers
These terms apply to the profession Responsible project designer of forest roads
The candidate must be a citizen of the Republic of Slovenia or any other member state of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
The candidate submits a copy of a valid personal document showing the citizenship or citizenship certificate issued according to the regulations of the country of origin.
An individual must meet all the conditions prescribed in the country of origin in order to practice a regulated profession.
If the profession is not regulated in the country of origin, the individual must perform the services which the latter wishes to provide in the Republic of Slovenia in the home country continuously or for at least two years in the period of the previous ten years before he/she performing these services in the Republic of Slovenia.
- Certificates issued by the competent authorities of European union Member States on the fulfilment of conditions to practice a profession (e.g. certificate of a completed professional examination, membership of a professional chamber),
- evidence of other qualifications and professional experience (if the profession is not regulated in the country of origin).
Insurance against liability for damages that might be incurred by an investor or a third party in connection with the pursuit of architectural and engineering activities may be concluded as:
- a comprehensive guarantee, which shall be renewed annually; or
- as collateral for a particular transaction falling within the scope of the economic operator’s activity.
The insurance shall cover the liability for negligence resulting in damage or material defect and including among direct material damage (damage and destruction) also the costs directly required for the elimination or prevention of damage without the occurrence of any actual damage.
The damage that must be covered by insurance also includes:
- damage in the form of a reduction in the value of the business transaction or construction, and
- other damage resulting from a claim made by an investor or a third party.
The liability insurance must cover the damage for actions taken during the period of insurance or for actions for which a loss event notice has been filed during the period of the insurance.
The insurance amount for all insurance cases in a given year or for an individual transaction, if the insurance is taken out for a particular business operation, shall not be less than EUR 50,000.
The insurance policy must contain the following:
- the names of the certified architects and engineers covered by the insurance, or
- the general clause that the liability insurance covers all certified architects and engineers in the economic operator.
Insurance may also take the form of collective insurance through the Chamber.
Proof of liability insurance shall be a document showing that liability insurance was established in the Republic of Slovenia or in a state party, under the condition that such insurance covers any damage caused in the Republic of Slovenia.
The competent authority shall accept as sufficient evidence a certificate to that effect issued by a bank or insurance undertaking of the Contracting State of origin. Where the competent authority has reasonable doubt as to the validity of older evidence, it may request that evidence not be older than three months.
- Architecture and Civil Engineering Act (ZAID)
- Rules on the Recognition Procedure for professional Qualifications of Citizens of EU Member States, the European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation Relating to Access to Regulated Professions and Services in the Republic of Slovenia (ZPPPK)
Administrator of Legislation
Langusova ulica 4
An individual must have the education of the 6/2 sub-level in the field of forestry.
Education acquired in Slovenia:
Diploma or certificate – in original, certified copy or non-certified copy with the access to the original.
For education acquired in the European Union:
diploma, certificate, other documents of formal education acquired in the EU – original or certified copy; attached certified translation into Slovenian; Documents on the contents and training, which also state the duration of study programme and study subjects, including the hours or credits acquired in individual subjects – in original or certified copy with attached certified translation into Slovenian.
- Act on Forests (ZG)
- Construction Act (ZGO-1)
- Rules on the minimum conditions to be met by the executors of works in forests
An individual must have at least three years' work experience in forest work.
A written statement on a legal or natural entity who fulfils the legally prescribed conditions for the project designer, that an individual performed a certain type of engineer services, with the stated type and time of performance of these services and also the responsible project designer the individual was working with – in the original or certified copy must be submitted together with the certified translation in the Slovenian language.