Entry in the register of nursing and midwifery services
Health and allied professionals are entered in the register after passing the professional examination.
Applications for entry in the register must be submitted to the Chamber of Nursing and Midwifery Services of Slovenia - the Nurses and Midwives Association of Slovenia (the Chamber - the Association) in 30 days of passing the professional examination.
Provided that all conditions for the entry in the register are met, the Chamber - the Association issues a decision and enters the applicant concerned in the register.
The register is kept in electronic form. The register includes the following data:
- full name,
- date and place of birth;
- permanent or temporary residence;
- data on the diploma, professional examination, specialisation and additional knowledge;
- dates and titles obtained in the areas of health care and teaching;
- membership in national and foreign professional associations;
- declaration regarding the exercise of the right to conscientious objection;
- other data required for tasks and public authority.
The entry in the register is mandatory for the following health professionals:
- nursing care technicians;
- nursing assistants.
The entry in the register and a valid licence are mandatory for the following health professionals:
- registered nurses;
- registered midwives;
- higher vocational college nurses.