Entry in the register of publicly valid short-cycle study programmes
A school can start performing a higher education activity after being entered in the register, managed by the ministry. Data about the founder and providers are entered in the register, along with the premises used by the school for implementing full and part-time study or distance learning, as well as for implementing publicly valid study programmes abroad, which are organised by the school independently or in cooperation with other schools.
Each change of the implemented study programme, the appointment of new lecturers and the change of premises which occurs after the entry in the register, must be notified to the ministry within eight days.
The procedure for entering a private school in the register is initiated upon the founder's application. The application must be lodged at least six months prior to the envisaged tender for the entry in higher professional education.
The school submits an application for the entry in the register to the ministry and attaches:
- the implementing study programme;
- data about the director or principal, organiser of practical education, lecturers, instructors, laboratory personnel, librarian and study and student affairs officer;
- data on the premises and equipment;
- concluded contracts on cooperation with employers for practical education of students;
- act of incorporation;
- confirmation on single lectures in original or certified copy, if the lecturer has not passed the professional examination;
- decisions on appointment of a short-cycle higher education institution lecturer in original or certified copy;
- concluded contracts on practical education of students or statements of employers on the intention to conclude contracts;
- employment contracts or contracts on work, concluded with the principal, practical education organiser, study and student affairs officer and other professional staff within the scope of the programme.
If the school submits statements on the intention to conclude contracts, these have to be submitted until the start of the study year of the planned programme at the latest.
The school is entered in the register when all the conditions for the implementation of the programme are fulfilled. A decision is issued stipulating how many first year students can be admitted in an individual study year, and the study year when the programme is initiated.
Every five years, the ministry ex officio and even earlier upon the proposal of the national agency or inspectorate competent for education once again verifies the fulfilment of conditions.
These terms apply to activity Private post-secondary vocational education with state-approved programmes
In addition to matters determined by law, the Articles of Association also regulate internal organisation of public kindergartens and schools.
In the Articles of Association of a kindergarten or school, the founder, who may be a legal public or private entity, determines that all or individual accompanying activities (accounting, legal and human resource activities, organisation of meals, maintenance, cleaning of premises, and similar) for the kindergarten or school will be carried out within the scope of the founder's services.
If the tasks transferred from a kindergarten or school are financed by funds not provided by the founder, the latter must agree beforehand with the fund provider on the manner of payment for the transferred tasks, and of supervision over the intended use of the funds allocated for the implementation of the transferred tasks.
Schools must have suitable premises and equipment. In addition to lecture rooms, other classrooms and laboratories, they must have a library, an administrative office for students and facilities for expert workers.
All facilities must be located in a place that facilitates uninterrupted implementation of the study programme.