Entry in the register of works managers at the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS)
By entry in the register of works managers at the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS), the applicant acquires the professional title of works manager. Active works managers, as well as non-active works managers, are kept in the register.
The register includes the persons who have acquired at least the secondary education, then gained three years of work experience and passed the professional examination. They have liability insurance for damages taken out and are not subject to the prohibition of practicing their profession. Persons are entered in the register also on the basis of a decision on the recognition of professional qualifications.
After passing the professional examination, persons submit their application for entry in the register of works managers at the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS) on the prescribed form.
When the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS) establishes that the applicant meets the requirements for entry in the register, it enters the applicant, issues a certificate of entry in the register, and assigns a unique identification number, which does not change until the person has been removed from the register.
Exception: suspension of professional title
A person who does not have an employment relationship concluded with an economic operator, does not practise a profession as a sole proprietor or who has no liability insurance for damages taken out can be entered in the register of certified engineers upon request. On the basis of the decision, the Chamber shall enter the suspension of the professional title in the register.
These terms apply to the profession Works manager at the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS) (Vz, Vm, Vnp)
Works managers must have:
- acquired through study programmes of at least first-cycle level in accordance with the act governing higher education, or corresponding to the level of education acquired through first-cycle study programmes,
- higher technical education in civil engineering,
- secondary technical education in civil engineering,
three years of work experience in carrying out construction.
Work experience gained is considered to be experience gained after completing a certain level of education when they directly participated in the management of works with responsible works managers.
For formal qualifications acquired in Slovenia:
- Diploma or certificate – in the original, in a certified copy or in a non-certified copy with the original for inspection.
We suggest that you enclose a certified copy of the diploma or certificate with the application, as thus the application for entry in the register will be processed immediately; otherwise the application procedure will continue only when we receive confirmation from the faculty or other educational institution that the information on formal qualifications you provided in the application for entry in the register complies with the records of the faculty or the educational institution).
For formal qualifications acquired in other EU countries:
- Diploma, certificate or other evidence of formal qualifications acquired in the EU – in the original or a certified copy, accompanied by a certified translation into Slovenian;
- Evidence of the content and course of the study, specifying the duration of the study programme and curriculum, in which the number of hours or credits of individual subjects must be shown – in the original or a certified copy, accompanied by a certified translation into Slovenian;
For work experience:
The employer’s evidence of work experience gained (the evidence must indicate the type and time of service provision and your function), and a list of references or your CV.
Administrator of Legislation
- +386 1 478 70 00
Jarška cesta 10 b
An examination is used to verify whether the applicant is qualified to independently perform the professional tasks of a certified engineer in the professional field in which they are taking the examination, and whether they master the basic methods and techniques for performing the professional tasks of a certified engineer in the professional field in which they are taking the examination.
A candidate who, in addition to adequate formal qualifications, has gained practical experience under the mentorship of a certified engineer for a period of at least two years after having acquired adequate formal qualifications, may be admitted to the professional examination.
After submitting a complete application, the candidate receives a notification that the application is complete and an invoice to pay the costs of the professional examination.
The candidate must enclose with the application submitted to the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS) the following:
- a written statement by a legal or natural person (s.p.) that you have provided engineering services of works management in construction, indicating the time of providing such services after having acquired the adequate formal qualifications, and indicating the responsible works managers with whom you cooperated. (Such a written statement may only be given by the legal or natural person that meets the requirements laid down by law for contractors, which the legal person proves by means of an extract from the court register (activity code), their statute, articles of association or minutes of the shareholders' meeting, and the natural person by means of a notification list. The issuer is morally and materially responsible for the statement.)
- Candidate with reference works:
- Three reference works in construction works management to be submitted on a USB key at the time of application,
- Documentation of the three reference works in construction works management described above shall be submitted in PDF format on a USB key at the time of application
- The following shall be considered as reference works:
- A construction site organisation plan with a description of the candidate's works, or
- Construction, construction material supply and labour schedules with descriptions, or
- Inspection of built-in materials, installations and equipment with descriptions of procedures and similar, or
- Evidence on the reliability of the structure.
- References in printed form are to be brought to the oral part of the examination
- A candidate without reference works:
- A written statement that they will produce a written task and the reason why the reference works cannot be submitted,
- A brief description of their work in works management (the description must comprise at least half of the A4 format).
- Certified evidence of acquired professional qualifications – an optional supplement
(If you have acquired your professional qualifications at a higher education institution in the Republic of Slovenia, you do not need to provide the above evidence. However, we suggest that you enclose a certified copy of the acquired formal qualifications with the application, as thus your application for entry in the register will be processed immediately; otherwise the application procedure will continue only when we receive confirmation from the faculty or other educational institution that the information on the professional qualifications you provided in the application for entry in the register complies with the records of the faculty or the educational institution)
If the candidate has stated in the application for the examination that they are unable to submit reference works and that they will produce a written task, the competent service of the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS) shall, upon receipt of the payment, inform the candidate of the title of the written task to be completed within 60 days. A candidate who produces a written task may only take the examination if they submit such a task at least 30 days before the desired deadline for the oral part of the examination.
Candidates with references only take the oral part of the exam. The candidate must settle the costs of the examination at least 30 days before the examination deadline. The Chamber of Engineers invites the candidate to the oral part of the exam 15 days before the examination deadline.
- examination fee: EUR 850.00
- resit examination fee: EUR 350.00
- fee for resit examination in accordance with the Construction Act (ZGO-1): EUR 220.00
- The Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS) certificate of the completed examination, which is a public document – a copy
Administrator of Legislation
- +386 1 478 70 00
Jarška cesta 10 b
May be entered in the register of certified architects and engineers any person that is not subject
- to a security measure prohibiting the practice of a profession or
- to a disciplinary sanction of removal from a register of certified architects and engineers imposed by a final court decision, unless the prohibition or sanction has already expired.
In recognising professional qualifications obtained abroad, the competent authority shall consider as sufficient evidence the certificates issued in the Contracting Party of origin or in the Contracting State from which the applicant is coming, certifying that the requirements have been met.
Where the country referred to in the preceding paragraph does not issue such a document, a declaration made by the applicant before the competent authority of that country which attests to the authenticity of the declaration shall suffice for the requirements to be deemed fulfilled.
Where there is reason to doubt the validity of the earlier documents, the competent authority may require that the evidence is not older than three months.
- Architecture and Civil Engineering Act (ZAID)
- Disciplinary rules of the Chamber of Architecture and Spatial Planning of Slovenia
- Disciplinary rules of the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers
- Act Regulating the Procedure for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications for Practising Regulated Professions (ZPPPK)
Administrator of Legislation