Identity card, security manager
An identity card is a document with which a security manager prove that they have acquired a licence and are entitled to directly perform the tasks of private security.
On the basis of their application, an applicant is issued an identity card for the type of work for which they are professionally trained and meet all the conditions.
These terms apply to the profession Security manager
Service ID card can be acquired by a person who is at least 18 years old. Age of majority is proven with a valid identity card or a valid passport.
Personal identity card or passport.
The candidate must be a citizen of the Republic of Slovenia or any other member state of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
The candidate submits a copy of a valid personal document showing the citizenship or citizenship certificate issued according to the regulations of the country of origin.
Security clearance is performed by the ministry that collects data on security issues and is done to establish the conditions for performing as a detective. It must be performed before the licence is issued. In the security clearance process, the existence of security issues is established.
Security issues include the following findings:
- That the person was finally convicted for an intentional criminal offence, prosecuted ex officio;
- That the person was finally convicted for another criminal offence, prosecuted ex officio leading to unconditional imprisonment for a period of more than three months and in connection with being a detective;
- Or that there is reasonable doubt about the reliability or credibility of the person in performing detective activity.
The licence is issued if the authority establishes that security issues do not exist.
Security clearance can be performed by the Ministry on the basis of the signed agreement, which is part of the application for a licence, and that the Ministry of the Interior may, to establish the conditions for performing detective activity, acquire data from official records in accordance with the legal provisions that regulate detective activity.
Note of the ministry on the security clearance procedure in the application for the acquisition of a licence.
Active knowledge of Slovenian is proven if the candidate who wants to perform a specific activity has obtained at least elementary education at a Slovenian school or has the certificate issued by an officially authorised education institution on successfully passed exam in Slovenian on the basic level.
The exam can be taken at twelve external service providers of the Slovene Language Centre of the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ljubljana.
Health and psychological ability is established by an occupational and sport medicine specialist by a medical examination.
The applicant is not applicable according to health and psychological status is the medical examination establishes that they are alcoholics, drug abusers and if they abuse psychoactive medicines and other psychoactive substances. Medical certificate cannot be older than one year.
The competent authority has not withdrawn the service ID card to the owner due to the violations of legislation in security services. The competent authority can issue a decision withdrawing an individual service ID card to the owner of the service ID card due to the reasons of protecting the public interest, whereas the circumstances of the services and the severity of violations as well as the impact on safety of people or property is considered, if:
- it is established that the owner of the service ID card does not fulfil the legally determined conditions or does not have the capacity to contract;
- who has despite the final imposed fine for violations implemented the same violation:
- performed private protection tasks and was not employed at the owner of the licence and the provider of internal security, used other coercive means at private security, used animals as well as dangerous items as a mean of coercion, which are prohibited by law;
- has caused physical injury or violated human rights or freedoms due to illegal and non-professional use of security officer measures,;
- private security services have been prohibited with a final judicial decision, or illegal or non-professional work of the service ID card owner caused serious consequences on the life and health of people, public order, public safety or high value property (emergency measures in public interest), if the public interest could not be protected with other means that would cause minor impacts on the acquired rights.
If the competent authority establishes that the owner of the service ID card does not fulfil the conditions for implementing private security tasks, they initiate the withdrawal procedure and notify the owner of the licence or internal protection provider.
To acquire an identity card of a security manager, national vocational qualification of a security manager is required.
The preconditions to acquire NVQ Security manager are:
- at least post-secondary education and three years' work experience in security or
- at least professionally oriented higher education and five years' work experience in management.
Photocopy of a diploma and an employment contract or employment booklet.
A security manager is a person who directly performs tasks of private security, and may implement measures and duties in accordance with legislative provisions.
The special conditions a person who wishes to acquire the vocational qualification of security manager must meet are:
- at least professionally-oriented higher education;
- at least three years' work experience in security.
Professional training according to the training programme to protect events in bars may be attended by persons who have already acquired a vocational qualification of a security guard or professional competence to perform these works. After the completed training, a person may also perform the tasks of protecting events in bars.
The professional training of security staff is implemented on three levels:
- applicants acquire the knowledge and skills to perform the work and tasks of security staff through professional training to acquire national vocational qualifications;
- with periodic professional training, security staff update and refresh their knowledge, and prepare themselves for a periodic test of professional competence;
- professional training enables security staff to deepen and expand their expert knowledge, and prepare for a test of professional competence.
After completing the basic professional training, persons must attend periodic professional training every five years. The cost of periodic training depend on the content. A person may attend professional training at any time.
If a person does not undergo periodic professional training within six months of the end of a five-year period after the basic professional training, it is considered that the person is not professionally competent and does not meet the conditions to perform private security.
A security worker who is qualified for several types of work is recognised as having undergone periodical professional training for other types of work if they complete training for a more demanding type of work in the following order: security manager, authorised engineer of security systems, security guard bodyguard, security control centre operator, security guard supervisor, security guard, security guard watchman and security technician.
Renewal term: Five years