Trainees with secondary professional school education must pass professional examination at health-care institutions authorised for implementation of professional examinations by the minister.
Trainees with short-cycle higher professional, higher professional or university education must pass professional examination at the ministry, competent for health.
The professional examination programme is determined by the minister and encompasses:
- expert contents in the professional field, except for medical practitioners;
- first aid – organisation and providing aid in normal and emergency situations, except for medical practitioners;
- emergency medicine for medical practitioners;
- social medicine except for medical practitioners and masters of pharmacy;
- social pharmaceuticals for masters of pharmacy and pharmaceutical techniques;
- the basics of legal regulation in the field of health activities, health care and health insurance.
The ministry manages the list of legal resources and professional literature that help the trainee at the preparation for the professional examination. The list is available at the head office and the website of the ministry.
The trainee submits an application for passing the professional examination with their employer. The employer sends the application for a worker with secondary professional education to the authorised health-care institution, for the worker with short-cycle higher professional, higher professional or university education they send the application to the Ministry of Health.
Volunteering trainees with secondary professional education submit an application for passing the professional examination at the authorised institution, volunteering trainees with short-cycle higher professional, higher professional or university education lodges the application at the ministry.
The trainee must be notified on the date and place of the professional examination at least 14 days before the date of the examination. The professional examination is in oral form, except for the emergency medicine subject which is composed of written, practical and oral part. The commission assesses the entire success of the trainee based on grades in the individual subjects.
A trainee who passed the examination receives confirmation on the passed professional exam.
A trainee who did not pass one or two exam subjects can resit the exam for these subjects after one month has passed. A trainee who did not pass more than one half of exam subjects, didn’t pass the entire exam and must resit the entire exam. A trainee who did not pass the professional exam cannot execute their profession. The costs of professional examinations are covered by:
- the employer who applied the trainee for the professional exam or
- the trainee if they are unemployed or
- if the trainee or volunteering trainee applied themselves for the exam.
The cost of the professional exam for health-care workers and health-care co-workers amounts to EUR 200.00. The cost of the professional exam for one subject amounts to EUR 50.00. The cost of the professional exam in Emergency medicine for medical practitioners amounts to EUR 150.00.
Register ni javno dostopen