Security ID card, safety control operator
The security ID card is a document used by the security personnel to show that they are licensed and authorised to directly perform private security services.
On the basis of the application, the security ID card shall be issued to the applicant for the type of work for which he is professionally trained and for which he meets the conditions.
These terms apply to the profession Security control centre operator
Service ID card can be acquired by a person who is at least 18 years old. Age of majority is proven with a valid identity card or a valid passport.
Personal identity card or passport.
The candidate must be a citizen of the Republic of Slovenia or any other member state of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
The candidate submits a copy of a valid personal document showing the citizenship or citizenship certificate issued according to the regulations of the country of origin.
Security clearance is performed by the ministry that collects data on security issues and is done to establish the conditions for performing as a detective. It must be performed before the licence is issued. In the security clearance process, the existence of security issues is established.
Security issues include the following findings:
- That the person was finally convicted for an intentional criminal offence, prosecuted ex officio;
- That the person was finally convicted for another criminal offence, prosecuted ex officio leading to unconditional imprisonment for a period of more than three months and in connection with being a detective;
- Or that there is reasonable doubt about the reliability or credibility of the person in performing detective activity.
The licence is issued if the authority establishes that security issues do not exist.
Security clearance can be performed by the Ministry on the basis of the signed agreement, which is part of the application for a licence, and that the Ministry of the Interior may, to establish the conditions for performing detective activity, acquire data from official records in accordance with the legal provisions that regulate detective activity.
Note of the ministry on the security clearance procedure in the application for the acquisition of a licence.
- Private Security Act (ZZasV-1)
- Private Detective Services Act (ZDD-1)
- Rules on the implementation of the Dective activies act
Active knowledge of Slovenian is proven if the candidate who wants to perform a specific activity has obtained at least elementary education at a Slovenian school or has the certificate issued by an officially authorised education institution on successfully passed exam in Slovenian on the basic level.
The exam can be taken at twelve external service providers of the Slovene Language Centre of the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ljubljana.
Health and psychological ability is established by an occupational and sport medicine specialist by a medical examination.
The applicant is not applicable according to health and psychological status is the medical examination establishes that they are alcoholics, drug abusers and if they abuse psychoactive medicines and other psychoactive substances. Medical certificate cannot be older than one year.
The competent authority has not withdrawn the service ID card to the owner due to the violations of legislation in security services. The competent authority can issue a decision withdrawing an individual service ID card to the owner of the service ID card due to the reasons of protecting the public interest, whereas the circumstances of the services and the severity of violations as well as the impact on safety of people or property is considered, if:
- it is established that the owner of the service ID card does not fulfil the legally determined conditions or does not have the capacity to contract;
- who has despite the final imposed fine for violations implemented the same violation:
- performed private protection tasks and was not employed at the owner of the licence and the provider of internal security, used other coercive means at private security, used animals as well as dangerous items as a mean of coercion, which are prohibited by law;
- has caused physical injury or violated human rights or freedoms due to illegal and non-professional use of security officer measures,;
- private security services have been prohibited with a final judicial decision, or illegal or non-professional work of the service ID card owner caused serious consequences on the life and health of people, public order, public safety or high value property (emergency measures in public interest), if the public interest could not be protected with other means that would cause minor impacts on the acquired rights.
If the competent authority establishes that the owner of the service ID card does not fulfil the conditions for implementing private security tasks, they initiate the withdrawal procedure and notify the owner of the licence or internal protection provider.
The SCC (security control centre) operator national vocational qualification is required for acquiring the service ID card for SCC operator. The pre-condition for the acquisition of the NVQ for SCC operator is:
- at least two years of appropriate work experience in security.
Copy of an employment contract or the employment booklet.
An operator of the security control centre is a person who directly performs private security services within the scope of which they may carry out measures and duties in accordance with statutory provisions.
The specific condition that the individual who wishes to acquire the national vocational qualification for a security control operator is:
- at least two years of appropriate work experience in the field of security services.
The professional training and the updating of the skills of security personnel shall be carried out on three levels:
- by means of professional training for the acquisition of the national vocational qualification, the candidates gain knowledge and skills for performing security personnel tasks and assignments;
- by means of periodical updating of their skills, the security personnel updates and refreshes their knowledge and prepares for the periodical proficiency check;
- by means of updating their skills, the security personnel increases and extends its expert knowledge and prepares for the proficiency check.
Individuals must participate in periodical skills upgrading programmes every five years after they conclude their basic professional training. The costs of the periodical training depend on the contents. An individual may participate in professional training at any time.
In the event that a person fails to take part in periodical skills upgrading at the latest within six months after the expiration of a five year period following the completed basic professional training, it shall be deemed that this person is not professionally qualified and no longer meets the conditions for performing private security services.
Periodical skills upgrading for other types of work will be recognised for security personnel that is trained for multiple types of work, provided that they conclude training for more difficult types of work, namely in the following order: security manager, authorised security system engineer, security guard/bodyguard, security control centre operator, supervising security guard, security guard, security guard/watchman, and security technician.
Renewal term: Five years