A detective acquires information on:
- missing persons or hidden persons and on persons committing offences that result in damage to property or other damage;
- anonymous writing – on writers and senders of anonymous letters, debtors and their property;
- missing or lost objects;
- burden of proof and facts that are necessary for insuring or proving the rights or entitlements of clients in courts, or for other judicial authorities and other authorities or organisation which decide on these rights;
- respecting the prohibition of competition and competition clauses;
- success and business abilities of business entities;
- criminal offences which are prosecuted by private lawsuits and their offenders;
- abuses of the right to absence from work due to disease or injury;
- abuses of enforcing the right to the reimbursement of costs of transport to and from work;
- work under the influence alcohol or prohibited drugs, and other disciplinary violations and violators.
A detective forwards letters and other deliveries to addresses. When the deliveries are regulated, a detective must fulfil the conditions in accordance with such regulations.
A detective consults natural and legal entities in the field of crime prevention.
A detective plans and executes the protection of business secrets, information systems, economic and personal data and information.
The register of detectives managed by the Detective Chamber of the Republic of Slovenia includes individuals who fulfil the conditions for performing a detective’s activities.
The application to get a licence is lodged at the Detective Chamber of the Republic of Slovenia, which issues a licence, detective card, and badge. If the application is complete; the detective is then entered in the register of detectives.
Once an individual has been entered into the register of detectives, they become a compulsory member of the Detective Chamber of the Republic of Slovenia. Membership fees are payable from the first day of the month after membership starts.
The annual membership fee of members entered in the Chamber's register is EUR 360.00.