Activity of electricity market operator
The tasks of the public utility service include:
- managing the balance scheme for the electricity market;
- keeping a record of contracts on membership in the balance scheme, operational forecasts and closed contracts;
- managing the electricity balancing market;
- implementation of activities of the Centre for RES/CHP support;
- implementation of balance calculation;
- implementation of calculation and settlement of deals related to the tasks referred to in the previous indents;
- collection, analysis and publication of data for the purpose of ensuring the transparency of electricity market operations.
It is necessary to be registered and obtain a concession in order to perform the activity of the electricity market operator.
Applies for SKD:
- Trade of electricity D35.140
To pursue the activity, it must be registered as a public utility service.
Companies provide material public goods to meet the needs of the public if these cannot be met by the market.
Electricity transmission system operator can perform this activity based on an exclusive right granted by concession. As a concession provider, the Republic of Slovenia grants the concession to one market operator for the entire territory of the Republic of Slovenia.
The Government of the Republic of Slovenia issues a decision granting the concession for the public utility service under this regulation to the concessionaire without a public tender. Mutual relations between the government and the concessionaire are specifically regulated in the concession contract.