Authorization to perform strategic activities
Prior to the commencement of the strategic activity, the person liable has to notify the competent authority of these strategic activities or shall obtain authorization to perform strategic activities.
The authorization must be obtained by the person liable for dealing with strategic goods from group 1 or group 2 of the Decree on setting the list of strategic goods and related control regimes.
In order to notify activities or for issuing an authorization, the following requirements have to be met:
- the conditions regarding the implementation of appropriate organizational and security measures,
- the authorized technology,
- a strategic goods advisor and
- the conditions regarding impunity.
When carrying out an individual strategic activity, it is necessary to monitor the quantities of an individual type of strategic goods entering or leaving an individual strategic activity in order to prevent the alienation or loss of strategic goods. For this purpose, it is necessary to keep special records, the form and frequency of registration of which is adjusted according to the type and quantity of strategic goods or strategic activities.
The facilities and premises in which the strategic activity is carried out must be protected in a way that ensures that there will be no alienation or loss of strategic goods. This may include, e.g., security service, alarm devices, etc.
The production of strategic goods belonging to schedule 1, CWC, in quantities of more than 10 kg per year per facility, can only take place in a single small facility, in reaction vessels on production lines that are not built for continuous production. The volume of an individual reaction vessel must not exceed 100 litres, and the total volume of all reaction vessels with a volume of more than 5 litres must not exceed 500 litres.
If the annual quantity per facility is less than 10 kg, production can also be carried out in another facility.
The synthesis of toxic chemicals from schedule 1, CWC for research, medical or pharmaceutical purposes, but not for protective purposes, may be carried out in laboratories in total quantities of less than 100 g per year per facility.
The person liable for the implementation of a strategic activity shall appoint a strategic goods advisor with the written authorization of the responsible person. The authorization is valid for one year.
The Strategic Goods Advisor shall:
- know the strategic activities and strategic goods of the person liable to whom he provides the tasks of a consultant,
- be familiar with sectoral legislation and remind the person liable of the requirements and obligations in accordance with the provisions of the legislation,
- advise the liable party in other matters related to the conditions for carrying out strategic activities pursuant to the Law on Control of Strategic Goods of Particular Significance to Safety/Security and Health and other acts.
The person liable is obliged to provide the strategic goods advisor regular training, independent performance of tasks, access to all necessary data, necessary material and financial resources as well as providing other working conditions.
Written authorization of the person liable, from which it is evident that he has appointed an advisor for strategic goods.
The person liable and the responsible persons of the taxpayers must not be convicted of criminal offences relating to:
- development, improvement, production, transit, exchange, extraction generation and stockpiling, storage, proliferation and use of means of mass destruction,
- involvement in any preparations for the use of means of mass destruction,
- encouraging, advising, assisting or inducing any activity in connection with the first two indents.
Any re-export of strategic goods as determined by the Government in the Decree on setting the list of strategic goods and related control regimes is prohibited.
Evidence of impunity
Za podaljšanje dovoljenja mora zavezanec vsaj 90 dni pred iztekom njegove veljavnosti vložiti prošnjo za podaljšanje.
Renewal term: 5 let