Maintainer of fixed electric traction equipment
A maintainer of fixed electric traction equipment is an adult who is professionally trained for performing the tasks of a maintainer, who has adequate education and is fit for the job in terms of physical condition and language skills.
A maintainer of fixed electric traction equipment is responsible for the implementation, operational control and direct supervision in the maintenance of fixed electric traction equipment. A maintainer of fixed electric traction equipment must ensure that fixed electric traction equipment is in a condition allowing for safe railway traffic after works are concluded.
Professional training for the post of a maintainer of fixed electric traction equipment comprises theoretical and practical training.
Theoretical training includes:
- knowledge on the provisions from the Rules on the signalling-safety devices,
- knowledge on the provisions from the Traffic Rules,
- handling in the event of a serious accident, an accident or an incident.
- training in occupational health and safety, based on the risk assessment;
- a training in fire safety;
- familiarisation with operative regulations from the safety management system;
- supervised work, where the candidate is trained under the supervision of an instructor to perform all the work he will perform independently as a maintainer of fixed electric traction equipment and where he familiarises himself with the station and all the devices and equipment installed; and
- passing a practical exam before the commission appointed by the employer.
After theoretical training and verification of theoretical qualification are completed, the training entity issues a certificate on the successfully passed examination of theoretical qualification.
After passing the practical examination the candidate obtains a certificate from employer, where he performs the practical part of the training.
In order to obtain the next certificate, the maintainer of fixed electric traction equipment only completes the practical part of the training, which is concluded with the practical part of the exam.
Certificate of the passed examination of theoretical competence
Certificate of completed practical part of the training
A person who wishes to perform the work of a maintainer of fixed electric traction equipment must have a completed:
- general upper secondary school educational programme or
- a completed educational programme for obtaining professional qualifications of an electrotechnician with specialist modules in the field of energy industry.
Copy of evidence of suitable education
A worker who meets special health criteria has the right to work as a
railway operational staff member.
A railway operational staff member must be
physically and mentally able to do work for which the employment contract was
Physical and mental abilities must be checked with regular and
exceptional medical examinations. Medical examinations are conducted and
managed by authorised health care institutions.
A regular medical examination
must be conducted before the expiry of the prescribed deadline.
examinations, a railway operational staff member must submit:
- an employer’s referral and
- official personal identification document.
days after each medical examination, the authorised doctor issues a medical certificate
on the fulfilment of conditions for the safe work of a railway operational
Medical certificate for the assessment of fulfilling special medical
During rail traffic management, railway operational staff members and
operational staff members on industrial sidings communicate in the language
determined by the operator.
The language of the operator in the Republic of
Slovenia is Slovenian.
All railway operational staff members must communicate
actively and efficiently with the infrastructure operator in normal, worsened
and extraordinary conditions.
Certificate of completed theoretical training
Cross-border provisions of profession
Poklic Vzdrževalec stabilnih naprav električne vleke ne sodi v poklicno direktivo.