Maintainer of telecommunications networks and equipment
A maintainer of telecommunications networks and equipment is an adult who is professionally trained for performing the tasks of a switch operator, who has adequate education and is fit for the job in terms of physical condition and language skills. A maintainer of telecommunications networks and equipment is a worker responsible for the implementation, operational control and direct supervision in the maintenance of telecommunications networks and equipment.
A maintainer of telecommunications networks and equipment must ensure that telecommunications networks and equipment is in a condition allowing for safe railway traffic after works are concluded.
Professional training for the post of a maintainer of telecommunications networks and equipment comprises theoretical and practical training.
Theoretical training includes:
- knowledge on the provisions from the Rules on the signalling-safety devices,
- knowledge of the provisions from the Traffic Rules,
- handling in the event of a serious accident, an accident or an incident.
Practical training includes:
- training in occupational health and safety, based on the risk assessment;
- a training in fire safety;
- familiarisation with operative regulations from the safety management system;
- supervised work, where the candidate is trained under the supervision of an instructor to perform all the work he will perform independently as a maintainer of telecommunications networks and equipment and where he familiarises himself with the maintenance section and all the devices and equipment installed; and
- passing a practical exam before the commission appointed by the employer.
After passing the practical examination the candidate obtains a certificate from the employer, where he performs the practical part of the training.
In order to obtain the next certificate, the maintainer of telecommunications networks and equipment only completes the practical part of the training, which is concluded with the practical part of the exam.
Certificate of the passed examination of theoretical competence
Certificate of completed practical part of the training
A person who wishes to perform the work of a maintainer of telecommunications networks and equipment must have a completed
- technical upper secondary school educational programme including an optional disciplinary subject of electronics or
- a completed educational programme for obtaining professional qualifications of an electrotechnician with specialist modules in the field of electronics.
Copy of evidence of suitable education
A worker who meets special health criteria has the right to work as a
railway operational staff member.
A railway operational staff member must be
physically and mentally able to do work for which the employment contract was
Physical and mental abilities must be checked with regular and
exceptional medical examinations. Medical examinations are conducted and
managed by authorised health care institutions.
A regular medical examination
must be conducted before the expiry of the prescribed deadline.
examinations, a railway operational staff member must submit:
- an employer’s referral and
- official personal identification document.
days after each medical examination, the authorised doctor issues a medical certificate
on the fulfilment of conditions for the safe work of a railway operational
Medical certificate for the assessment of fulfilling special medical
During rail traffic management, railway operational staff members and
operational staff members on industrial sidings communicate in the language
determined by the operator.
The language of the operator in the Republic of
Slovenia is Slovenian.
All railway operational staff members must communicate
actively and efficiently with the infrastructure operator in normal, worsened
and extraordinary conditions.
Certificate of completed theoretical training
Cross-border provisions of profession
Poklic Vzdrževalec telekomunikacijskih omrežij in naprave ne sodi v poklicno direktivo.