Medicinal products consultant in a specialised store with medicinal products
A medicinal products consultant in a specialised store is responsible for the purchase, storage and sale of medicinal products and the administration of documentation. At sale, the consultant must inform the buyer on the method of use of the medicinal product, possible precautionary measures, adverse effects and other important information.
An individual must have appropriate education and have passed the professional exam, they must regularly attend trainings and be additionally trained by the professional authority that implements pharmacy activities.
The appropriately qualified person who fulfils the mentioned conditions must be present during the entire working hours of the specialised store.
Professional assistants for medicinal products must hold:
- a secondary level of education in pharmacy, medicine, veterinary medicine or a level of education compliant as per the law or another secondary level of education, or
- a level of education compliant as per the law and which demonstrates knowledge on the functioning of human or animal organisms and additional knowledge in the field of medicinal products as per the applicable classification of occupations.
Diploma - certified copy or non-certified copy and the original provided on request. Certificate of additional knowledge
A candidate must complete an internship and a professional examination.
The internship is implemented in health-care institutions, at private health-care providers and other institutions which provide health-care services and meet the prescribed conditions for implementation of internship.
Candidates with secondary school education sit for the professional examination at health-care institutions authorised for the implementation of professional examinations by the minister.
The professional examination programme includes:
- expert content of the vocational field;
- first aid – organisation and giving of aid in ordinary and extraordinary conditions; social pharmacy;
- bases of legal arrangements in the field of health-care activities, health care and health insurance.
The candidate submits the application for the professional examination to the employer.
Employers send the applications for their employees to an authorised health-care institution.
The application for the professional examination must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy or certified transcript of the diploma or a school-leaving certificate;
- document for internship and practical training which must show the course of the internship programme in terms of time and content;
- test of practical knowledge and opinion of the mentor on the trainee’s competence, and the certificate of payment of costs for the exam.
The costs are covered by the employer or the candidate and amount to EUR 200.00 and must be settled at least five days before the deadline determined for the examination.
Certificate of professional examination
The individual must receive regular further training on courses and on other suitable independent professional education courses which are mandatory also for pharmacy or veterinary technicians.
An individual must acquire further professional education from a professional body implementing pharmacy activities.
A medicinal product adviser must be present throughout business hours in the specialised outlet.