Plant protection product (PPP) adviser
Distributors carrying out the PPP retail trade must conclude a working or contractual relationship with at least one PPP adviser who fulfils the prescribed conditions and must be present in a specialised PPP store for the predetermined period of at least 6 hours per week.
A PPP adviser carries out the following tasks:
- advises on the method of plant protection against pests;
- recognises the symptoms of the disease and pests as well as types of weed;
- advises a suitable PPP or other method for plant protection according to the forecasts of plant protection monitoring and forecast service and general conditions of integrated plant protection;
- advises and promotes the application of non-chemical methods;
- advises on the methods of safe PPP application and managing of PPP, spray broth, package and residue, and
- advises on the application of personal protection equipment.
A PPP adviser must have suitable education and passed training to acquire a certificate with the validity of three years. After expiry of this period the validity may be extended, if the PPP adviser participates in further training.
An individual must have at least higher professional education in the field of agriculture – field of plants.
Certificate or diploma – in original, certified copy or non-certified copy with the access to the original.
The PPP advisor must finish the training for PPP management with the authorised provider of trainings.
The basic training includes a course and written examination. The course for PPP seller lasts at least 35 school hours.
On the basis of finished training on the PPP management, the provider of training issues the PPP advisor the certificate on the acquisition of knowledge in the field of phytomedicine in the form of the card. The PPP advisor card is issued for the period of three years.
More information regarding the training is available at the website of the Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Food Safety, Veterinary Sector and Plant Protection on the PPP training.
The maximum cost of the basic training is 326.00 EUR without VAT. The maximum cost of the written examination is 30.00 EUR without VAT.
- Plant Protection Products Act (ZFfS-1)
- Rules on conditions for marketing of plant protection products and the keeping and communication of data on such marketing
The card validity is extended for the period of three years, if the holder of the card participates in the advanced training in the last year before the expiry of its validity. If the card holder does not participate in the advanced training before the expiry of the card's validity, the holder must again participate in the basic training. Exceptionally, the holder of the card may participate in the advanced training in one year after the card expiry, if he was on sick leave for at least thirty days in the last three months before the card expiry, if he was on maternity leave or was at least thirty days absent from the place of permanent residence. The card validity in this case is extended for the period of three years from the date of participating in the advanced training. If the reasons stated in this paragraph are not given, the holder of the card must resit the basic training.