Certain content is still being edited. Thank you for your understanding.

A higher education institution can engage a private higher education teacher to implement individual part of the subject or subject area.

A private higher education teacher is a higher education teacher who is elected for this title and entered in the register of private higher education teachers, managed by the ministry competent for higher education.


  • An individual must be entered in the register of higher education teachers which is managed by the ministry competent for higher education.

    The entry in the register is performed on the basis of a written application of the higher education teacher.

    An individual must fulfil the following conditions for entry in the register:

    • they have obtained a title of higher education teacher;
    • is not in an employment relationship;
    • and no final decision of the competent authority has been issued to withdraw the licence for performing activities.

    Independent cultural workers, private researchers and other natural persons who perform their activity as natural entities can be entered in the register if they have the title of a higher education teacher.


Recognition of qualifications acquired abroad

There are following systems for the recognition of professional qualifications acquired in the EU:

Cross-border provisions of profession

Performance of the profession in Slovenia is not possible on Cross-border/temporary basis.
Last modified:
8. 9. 2021