Security guard watchman
A security guard watchman directly performs the tasks of private security, and may conduct measures and duties in accordance with legislative provisions.
The special conditions needed by an individual to get the vocational qualification of a security guard watchman are:
- a doctor's note issued by an occupational and sport medicine practitioner on the individual's health status and ability to work as a security guard watchman;
- evidence of completed primary school education.
Professional training of security staff is implemented on three levels:
- applicants acquire knowledge and skills to perform the work and tasks of a security staff practitioner through professional training to acquire national vocational qualifications;
- with periodical professional training, security staff updates and refresher sessions on knowledge and skills, to prepare themselves for a periodical test of professional competence;
- professional training enables security staff to deepen and expand their knowledge, and prepare for a test of professional competence.
After completing the basic professional training, security personnel must attend periodical professional training every five years. The costs of periodical training depend on the contents. A person may attend professional training at any time.
If a person does not carry out periodical professional training within six months after the end of a five-year period of basic professional training, the person is not considered professionally competent and does not meet the conditions to perform private security work.
A security worker who is qualified for several types of work is recognised as having undergone periodical professional training for other types of work if they complete training for more demanding types of work in the following order: security manager, authorised engineer of security systems, security guard bodyguard, security control centre operator, security guard supervisor, security guard, security guard watchman and security technician.
An identity card is a document with which a security guard prove that they have acquired a licence and are entitled to directly perform the tasks of private security.
On the basis of their application, an applicant is issued an identity card for the type of work for which they are professionally trained and meet all the conditions.