Certain content is still being edited. Thank you for your understanding.
A security guard directly performs the tasks of private security, and may carry out actions and duties in accordance with the law.
The special conditions needed to be a security guard are:
- a doctor's note issued by an occupational and sport medicine practitioner confirming the individual is healthy enough to work as a security guard;
- evidence of completed primary school education.
The professional training of security staff is implemented on three levels:
- applicants acquire knowledge and skills to perform the work and tasks of security staff through professional training to acquire national vocational qualifications;
- with periodical professional training, security staff update and refresh their knowledge and skills, and prepare themselves for a periodical test of professional competence;
- professional training enables security staff to deepen and expand their knowledge, and prepare for a test of professional competence.
After completing the basic professional training, personnel must attend periodical professional training every five years. The costs of periodical training vary. A person may attend professional training at any time.
If a person does not carry out the periodical professional training within six months after the end of a five-year period after the basic professional training, the person is not considered professionally competent and does not meet the conditions to perform private security.
A security guard who is qualified for several types of work is recognised as having undergone periodical professional training for other types of work if they complete training for more demanding work in the following order: security manager, authorised engineer of security systems, security guard bodyguard, security control centre operator, security guard supervisor, security guard, security guard watchman and security technician.
The security ID card is a document used by the security personnel to show that they are licensed and authorised to directly perform private security services.
On the basis of the application, the security ID card shall be issued to the applicant for the type of work for which he is professionally trained and for which he meets the conditions.