Certain content is still being edited. Thank you for your understanding.
A security manager works and directly performs tasks of private security, and may implement measures and duties in accordance with legislative provisions.
The special conditions needed to get the vocational qualification of a security manager are:
- at least professionally oriented higher education;
- at least three years' work experience in security.
Professional training of security staff is implemented on three levels:
- applicants acquire knowledge and skills to work as a security staff practitioner through professional training to acquire a national vocational qualification;
- with periodical professional training, security staff update and refresh their knowledge and skills, and prepare themselves for a test of professional competence;
- professional training enables security staff to deepen and expand their knowledge, and prepare for a test of professional competence.
After completing the basic professional training, security managers must attend periodical professional training every five years. The costs of periodical training depend on the contents. A person may attend professional training at any time.
If an individual does not carry out the professional training within six months of the end of a five-year period of basic professional training, the person is not considered professionally competent and does not meet the conditions to perform private security.
A security worker who is qualified for several types of work is recognised as having undergone periodical professional training for other types of work if they complete training for more demanding types of work in the following order: security manager, authorised engineer of security systems, security guard bodyguard, security control centre operator, security guard supervisor, security guard, security guard watchman and security technician.
An identity card is a document with which a security manager prove that they have acquired a licence and are entitled to directly perform the tasks of private security.
On the basis of their application, an applicant is issued an identity card for the type of work for which they are professionally trained and meet all the conditions.