Certain content is still being edited. Thank you for your understanding.
A train manager is an adult who is professionally trained for performing the tasks of a train manager, who has adequate education and is fit for the job in terms of physical condition and language skills.
A train manager is responsible or the following tasks:
- performing the tasks of a shunting team manager,
- switch list,
- inspecting the conformity of the load on freight carriages,
- inspecting vehicles in the train set,
- performing brake tests,
- reporting on the formation and braking of the train,
- supervising the driving of the train and the work of the train staff.
Professional training for train managers includes theoretical and practical training. Theoretical training includes:
- knowledge of provisions in the rules on signalling;
- knowledge of provisions in the rules on transport;
- conduct during serious accidents or incidents, and
- detailed professional knowledge relating to braking of the train and when shunting.
- training on health and safety at work relating to the risk assessment;
- training on fire safety and learning about operative regulations in the safe management system;
- working under supervision, where the candidate under the supervision of an instructor is trained to do all tasks which they will perform as a train manager independently and becomes familiar with the station, tracks and all devices and equipment installed, and
- taking the practical examination before the commission appointed by the employer.
The entity implementing training issues a certificate of the passed examination of theoretical competence after the candidate has completed the theoretical training and verification of theoretical competence. After passing the practical examination, the candidate receives a certificate from the employer with whom the practical part of the training took place.
Certificate of passed examination of theoretical competence
Certificate of completed practical part of the training
A person who wishes to work as a train manager must complete secondary vocational education.
Copy of school-leaving certificate
A worker who meets special health criteria has the right to work as a
railway operational staff member.
A railway operational staff member must be
physically and mentally able to do work for which the employment contract was
Physical and mental abilities must be checked with regular and
exceptional medical examinations. Medical examinations are conducted and
managed by authorised health care institutions.
A regular medical examination
must be conducted before the expiry of the prescribed deadline.
examinations, a railway operational staff member must submit:
- an employer’s referral and
- official personal identification document.
days after each medical examination, the authorised doctor issues a medical certificate
on the fulfilment of conditions for the safe work of a railway operational
Medical certificate for the assessment of fulfilling special medical
During rail traffic management, railway operational staff members and
operational staff members on industrial sidings communicate in the language
determined by the operator.
The language of the operator in the Republic of
Slovenia is Slovenian.
All railway operational staff members must communicate
actively and efficiently with the infrastructure operator in normal, worsened
and extraordinary conditions.
Certificate of completed theoretical training
Cross-border provisions of profession
Opravljanje poklica Vlakovodja ne sodi v poklicno direktivo.