Controller for classification and evaluation of bovine carcasses
The tasks of a controller are the following:
- classification, branding and labelling of carcasses,
- keeping records on the established quality of carcasses at the slaughter line,
- daily record-keeping of carcasses by suppliers, pig farmers and slaughter establishments and monthly sending of reports to the ministry responsible for agriculture and food on the slaughter,
- classification and masses by a slaughter establishment;
- cooperation with an expert organisation or individuals who organise trainings for work and expert trainings of controllers with the representatives of bovine farmers and competent administrative authorities.
A controller must have at least secondary education (level 5) of agricultural, veterinary or food processing programme and pass the training organised by the organisation appointed by the ministry.
The controller must have at least secondary professional education (5. level) in the field of agriculture, veterinary science or food processing.
Copy of the school certificate
The controller must have proper training by the organisation appointed by the ministry. The trainings are carried out by the Biotechnical Faculty of the University of Ljubljana and the Bureau Veritas company. The whole training is divided into three sections. In the first section the lectures take place organised by the Biotechnical faculty, followed by the practical section under the auspices of the Bureau Veritas company. Finally, the applicant must successfully pass the theoretical and practical part of the exam implemented by both institutions.
Evidence on the successfully completed training